ASN Communities is by and for ASN members. That's why Community Leaders are essential.
The Community Leader is a critical volunteer position for ASN Communities and the society. Advocating for interest areas in nephrology to ASN leadership and providing input on important issues enable Community Leaders to stand out and be a voice for in the kidney community. Leaders set the direction of specific communities and serve as subject matter experts on Open Forum discussion questions in their field. Providing expertise and leadership is only part of the job. Leaders also help to maintain the integrity of discussions by enforcing the Code of Conduct, and encouraging professional, broadly educational posts. Serving as a Community Leader can boost your reputation in the field and provide an opportunity to champion important issues facing nephrology.
To serve in this role an ASN member must meet only two requirements
- Be active in Communities by posting and having a complete profile
- Be well respected in the broader nephrology community
How to Volunteer
There are two pathways to be become a Community Leader
- Submission of a New Community Application including yourself as a Community Leader
- Recommendation by existing Community Leaders to join a Community Leadership Team
In case 1 final determination is made by the ASN Communities Associate and in case 2 the Communities Associate invites a new Leader with input from a Community Leadership team.
- Two hours per week reading and respond to Communities content
- Initiating one new thread a month
- Welcoming new community members
- Flagging posts that violate the Code of Conduct
- Replying to unanswered posts and replies to threads you initiated
Initially, Community Leaders are are self-selected via submitting an idea for a new
community and listing their names in the leadership section of the Community Application. Leaders serve renewable one year terms. When a Leader steps down,
the community members or Community Leaders can nominate and vote on another community member to
serve in the role.
If you have any questions please contact ASN Communities Associate Zach Cahill at 202-640-4674 or email@example.com